Benefits of Big Roll Sod
- Erosion prevention - Protection of a vital natural resource - Big Roll Sod offers immediate soil stabilization, reducing soil loss to storm drains, stream channels and roadside ditches. Big Roll sod provides superior erosion control and can accept heavy rains without erosion or damage. Once properly placed, big roll sod stays in place.
- Big Rolls install faster - with faster installation comes the benefit of being able to apply water almost immediately, resulting in less stress to the sod.
- 70% Fewer Seams - Fewer seams gives your finished project a more established appearance.
- Weed seeds from the underlying soil have 70% less areas to invade your new lawn. Big rolls require less herbicide applications. A sodded lawn requires minimal, if any, to control weeds because the sod is cultivated using the highest quality seed.
- A reduced amount of seams limits the drying out and shrinkage factor that sometimes occurs with small rolls during the grow-in stage- fewer edges to dry out, less water to apply and a more unified look.
- With machinery doing the heavy work, big rolls are far less fatiguing on install crews, well rested and content crews produce higher quality work.
- Increases Home Value - Gallup survey reported that more than 60% of homeowners felt that investments in landscape adds about 15% to a homes value according to buyers.
Job site in Oakland Township before sod installation. Job site immediately after big roll installation.